Contact

WWE Geek
Display WWE Geek Headlines on your Website, Blog, MySpace, Facebook, ect... Click Here

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

8/07 RAW Thoughts

Best Match: Battle Royal.
Worst Match:
Snitsky vs. Rory Highlander (but it did serve the purpose of building up Snitsky... I still don't know why though).
Best Non-Wrestling Moment: The spoof of McMahon's death, and "The WWE Dating Game"
Worst Non-Wrestling Moment: All the speaking errors.
Rating (out of 8): 6.5

Good Things

  1. Mr. McMahon's Return-

    Although some "experts" may say that Mr. McMahon return would be a bad thing (and I must say before last night I thought it would be too), but in reality it was a great thing.

    I especially liked that they kept Mr. McMahon out of the wrestling part. The only thing wrestling he was involved with was setting the Battle Royal up. But that seemed to mostly be random hatred of Coach... and who doesn't have that.

    The illegitimate child thing may be a little much, but it's better then the Lashley vs. McMahons and Umaga angle.

    I think a good idea for Mr. McMahon would be that if he wants to be involved in the story that they should have a Mr. and Mrs. McMahon separation and eventual divorce. They could divide the business between themselves. It would be hilarious. As long as it didn't take up too much time from the wrestling.
  2. William Regal becoming GM-

    I thought this was great. I had read that this would happen a couple of weeks ago online, just I wasn't sure if it was really going to happen.

    Some would argue that The Sandman would have been a better general manager, and no doubt he would have been entertaining. He would have brought a Steve Austin feel to it. Unfortunately, I don't recall The Sandman ever having good microphone skills, and we do know Regal has them. That's why I think this is a good move.
  3. The WWE Dating Game-

    I was on Yahoo Answers as I often am, answering questions during RAW, and it seemed everyone online hated The WWE Dating Game. Some saying it was a "new low" for the WWE. I think this is crazy. I loved it. I don't see what there wasn't to love about it. It made great use of puns. Absolutely hilarious.

    But I want to say that Santino becoming a heel went really fast. Also, his injury looked fake... even though it was real.
  4. Cena/Umaga vs. Orton/Carlito Set for Next Week

    I think this will be a good match, but most importantly it set Umaga up as a face. I think the process of turning Umaga into a face will go smoothly and quickly, and ultimately go well.
Bad Things
    1. Snitsky

      It wasn't Snitsky's match I thought was bad. No. It served its purpose. I just think the whole "Snitsky" idea needs to be rethought. Especially if they are going to give him a main event push eventually.

      However, if they aren't planning on giving him a main event push, he may be fine. That is, if they just want someone who could have matches as short as 2 minutes long, then he'd be great. Of course, you could also have 2 minute long matches with Cryme Tyme beating up 2 jobbers.
    2. Jillian Hall vs. Mickie James

      The whole Jillian Hall singing thing was horrible. It always has been. What could have made it good would have been if Lillian right after Jillian started singing would have hit her in the back of the head with the microphone. Then Mickie James would have come to the ring and taken advantage of it. That would have been great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raw put me to sleep last night.

Store

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us